Re: [Debconf-team] Q for Cape Town bid: attendees safety outside the venue

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:41:03AM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> On 19/12/2014 10:15, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> > We wouldn't need to do that.
> >
> > We just need to remind people to be aware that they are in a country
> > with a lot of crime. They'll almost certainly be fine, anywhere in the
> > city.
>
> It's pretty much the same as walking around in any big city. If you're
> going to walk around with a big camera around your neck and a wallet
> half-way hanging out of your pocket and you don't pay attention, you
> make yourself a target to get pick pocketed. This is just as much true
> in London, Paris, New York, Montréal and pretty much every other big
> city in the western world.

That's it, very well said. That's the world we live in, we made it, now
we take the risks.

Previews Debconfs which happened in supposed dangerours places have
shown that we know how to deal with such issues.

Bests,

--
tiago