Re: Venue query: draft email

Good points, thanks Martin

Re: accommodation, yes. Cape Town, and the wider region, is a very popular tourism, and vacation student or whatever they call the influx of young ideologues every summer, location.
We have a whole range of hotels, backpackers, and airbnb, and I'm sure I'm not even aware of the half of it.
What I want to test with this is to see if there are existing partnerships which would make things easier for us.

UCT also have residences distributed widely, due to space constraints on or close to their main campus (Cape Town is squeezed between a mountain and two oceans), which means we may be able to use their accommodations for a few of the options. There are also other educational institutions that we could consider in terms of accommodations.

Then, regardless of all that, our exchange rate makes most hotels a bit cheaper than what would be expected...

On Thursday, September 18, 2014, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
A few short comments:

also sprach Bernelle Verster <bernellev@gmail.com> [2014-09-18 14:48 +0200]:
> *Venue requirements:*
>
>    - Available for 10-14 days;
>    - Seats approx 250-300 pax, conference style;
>    - Two venues capable of seating 150 - 200pax, and 100-150pax,
>    respectively;

s/venues/plenary rooms/ since you are talking about "the venue" in
general already?

>    - Workspaces with tables, chairs, plugpoints to accommodate 100-150
>    people with laptops;

I doubt this many will be sitting down at once at a table with chair
and plugpoint.

>    - The option or facilities to cater for 300pax.

2–3 meals a day, depends on the accomodation.

Are there youth hostels of this size around? Are hotels generally
affordable?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"there was silence for a moment, and then out of the scrambled mess
 of arthur's brain crawled some words."
                                 -- hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy