Some love & IRC meeting next Wednesday?

Hi all

I have read through some of the previous DebConf final reports. If I was a bit cocky about my eventing experience before, I am now humbled: DebConf is quite an animal!

I am also, if it's possible, even more excited and grateful to be a small part in this. I am particularly impressed by the culture of the thing, for example the ad-hoc scheduling. I have a better idea now of the 'raucous' nature of the attendees - the type of activities that lead to fixing pipe organs and impromptu designing kilts! I appreciate the amount of care to provide adequate write-ups and written guidance. I also see a lot of mentions about the somewhat tense nature of online discussions and the value that the social component of DebConf has to address this - I am impressed by the honesty and authenticity that this reflects - values that are incredibly important to me.

So, that's just some love I wanted to give :)

I am about to start working on previous bid docs now - where can I find these, or a template, Martin? - and doing a brain dump into a .txt file from reading the final reports. I hope to have something resembling an early draft by the end of the weekend.
(I've got this link, https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/BidProcess)

May I ask/confirm if we have a irc meeting this Wednesday? I think it will be good to catch up seeing that the last one was a bit patchy for me (apologies for that).
A reminder if Graham can please chat to the Dean of EBE, and get some catering estimates/info from the movie people.
Allison, I'll try to work through the spreadsheet as well, and Stefano, the wiki venue checklists, but if there are specific things needed from my side and you have the time, could you list and send them to me please?

Cheers