bid deadline

Hey folks,

It's just come to my attention that this year the deadline for submitting
the bid is a month earlier than in previous years, at the first of December
rather than the 31st.  While this does free up the Christmas period
somewhat, it also means that we ought really to get cracking.  Exactly how
far along a bid has to be at submission time isn't fully established at this
point, but is currently being discussed.

So...

As far as I can tell, only two potential venues have had anything like a
closer look online yet: Stellenbosch and the Chrysalis Academy, and neither
of them have yet had a site visit.  Is anyone willing to do those relatively
soon?  I'm kind of on the wrong continent, alas.

Has anyone thought of any more venue suggestions?  How many people should go
on the site visits?  I would suggest more than one, since even with a
checklist it's easy to miss things if one goes alone.

Thoughts?

cheers,
Nattie