[Debconf-announce] DebConf Announcements for 2017-08-09 (Day 3)

Announcements for Tuesday, August 9

DebConf Day Trip
==========

There's still time to sign up for one of the four Day Trip options! To
do so, simply put your name in the relevant section of the wiki page
[1]. If you don't have a wiki account yet, and need to create one, note
that it might take a few minutes for it to be manually approved.

Packed lunches will be distributed to attendees who sign up for a trip
on the wiki, the morning before departing. Sandwiches will be served
on-site at the regular lunch hour, for those who wish to stay at the
venue for the day.

[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/DayTrip

Lightning Talks
===========

It's that time of year again: the Lightning Talks team invites
submissions to this year's sessions. If you would like to present a
five-minute lightning talk (Friday), or a ten-minute live demo of your
project (Saturday), please contact the team on
<islightningreal@debconf.org> to schedule a slot. They will be allocated
on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Publishing your slides
================

Please publish your slides on Debconf-share git annex repository [3]. To
do that, make sure you have your SSH public key published in your Alioth
account [4] and then follow the instructions [5]. Alternatively, you can
email your presentation to content@debconf.org and it will be added to
the repository (eventually).

[2] https://annex.debconf.org/debconf-share/debconf17/slides/
[3] https://alioth.debian.org/
[4] https://annex.debconf.org//debconf-share/README

The Video Team still needs your help
==========================

Thank you to everyone who has volunteered for video team tasks. Of
course, we're always still looking for more volunteers to handle tasks
during talks. More contributors would give our current volunteers more
flexibility and the chance to take some breaks. If you think you may be
interested, please contact the video team (on IRC: #debconf-video) or
attend our training after supper (21:00) in Rex every day (except maybe
during the Wine and Cheese Party).

New shower schedule
================

>From now on, the showers in C-5000 will be open for business from 16:30,
all through the night, until morning at 10:00 AM.

Miscellaneous
==========

Lost & found: The Front Desk team would like to remind everyone to bring
any found items possibly belonging to a DebConf attendee to Front Desk.
The College also has a lost and found at the security offices located on
the 3rd floor near the main entrance (3800 Sherbrooke est).

Coffee cups: We ask that everyone label, re-use and clean their own
cups, but please put unattended or unclaimed dirty coffee cups in a milk
cart in the cafeteria at the dirty dishes station. Volunteers will clean
those daily. If you need a clean coffee cup and can't find one, please
collect a dirty one in the cart and clean it yourself in the Hamm
hacklab sink.

--
The DebConf Team