[Debconf-announce] DebCamp Announcements 2016-06-28

Announcements for Tuesday, 2016-06-28

== DebConf photos ==

There will be a DebCamp photograph on Friday morning, weather permitting.

As  usual, we'd like a picture with all the previous DebConf t-shirts.
Please list the shirts you have brought on the wiki page [0] and we'll
pick a one of each for the photograph.

[0]: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/DebconfShirts

== DebConf Discuss Mailing list ==

We auto-subscribe attendees to the announce mailing list (where you
should be receiving this mail from), but not to the debconf-discuss
list. The discuss list is where ad-hoc planning and other discussions
happen. While you're at DebCamp or DebConf, it's generally a really good
idea to be subscribed to that list.

=== Tonight's Braai ===

Food will be served at around 18:30 this evening at the sports club.

== Postcards ==

The UCT Shop (off Cissie Gool Plaza, the food court) has some gift cards
that can be converted into postcards. Postage stamps can be purchased
from the post office just below it on university Avenue.

== Breakfast has Porridge ==

Pollito say Breakfast have porridge. Must ask for porridge. Every day
have different porridge.

== Hiking on Wednesday ==

Some folks are going hiking to the blockhouse tomorrow (Wednesday),
details in a -discuss email to follow.

== Daytrip ==

Please feel free to add sign-up options to the day trip wiki:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Daytrip#Top_options

== More reimbursement news ==

Those who need to pay their accomodation / food still can do Thursday at
the orga room with a credit card (the CMC folks will be there to take
collections)

== Fuller Hall Venue Updates ==

Towels: The venue management asked that we do not hang any towels
outside the window. Instead, you should hang them somewhere inside where
you ideally have some ventilation.

Door locks: If your room door is locked, this may be because somebody
cleaned it. When changing the linen, every 3 days, some of the staff
double-lock doors. If you ask the reception, they can get it unlocked.
We asked them not to double-lock, so ideally this shouldn't be an issue.

Laundry: Laundry is payable at Front Desk (natalie currently), and the
laundry people said that if you have checked it in before 8:00, you
should have it back the same day. Up to the first 5kg (about 11 lbs)
costs R50 and then R10 for any additional kg.

-Jonathan on behalf of the DebConf16 team