[Debconf-announce] General announcements for 2015-08-16

Quiet Hacklabs
==============

It is a nice thing that the venue is all ours and we have a great variety of
places to hack, and we understand that some people need a less distracting place
to work. Therefore, we have agreed the following rooms as quiet hacklabs, which
are also suitable for small group discussions:

* Lissabon (B-222, above Amsterdam)
* Fernsehraum (at corridor outside Amsterdam on the 1st floor, follow the signs
* towards C building)
* Athens (A-314, from Monday afternoon)

If more are needed, let us know and we'll see about it.

Cheese & Wine
=============

The traditional cheese & wine party will take place from 21:00 at the hostel's
lobby (location has been changed due to the weather).

The cutting of the cheese will take place at 15:00 in the dining hall,
volunteers are welcome!

Since we already have more than enough cheese, there will be no organized
shopping run.

Please remember to drink responsibly, since the venue is doing us a favour by
letting us have it here.

Key Signing Party Hash
======================

The hash of the keysigning file will be read again tomorrow at the morning
briefing (09:45 in the Heidelberg room). Please come prepared.

Talk Moderators
===============

The content team is still looking for talkmeisters aka moderators. Signup at
https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/volunteers/

Also,  if you volunteer to moderate talks, please make sure to sign yourself up.
Otherwise the content team might be scrambling to find somebody needlessly.

Ad-Hoc Sessions
===============

You can register your ad-hoc sessions by writing it on the flipcharts 1-2 days
in advance at the front desk. Note that only the Helsinki and Stockholm rooms
have projectors and on some of the more crowded days (like today), there might
be no slots left those rooms. If you absolutely need to schedule a session
several days in advance, write to content@debconf.org for an exception.

For the three video-taped rooms (Heidelberg 1-3, Berlin/London and Amsterdam),
no ad-hoc sessions or other meetings should be scheduled during talk breaks, as
the video-team needs their pauses.

After registering, please announce your session with a mail to (at least)
debconf-discuss, including time and location.

The content team will try to put those sessions into summit, but this will be
done on a best-effort basis.

Daytrip
=======

Please sign up for the DayTrip options ASAP:
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/DayTrip

If you don't have a wiki account, ask someone else to add you.

For the Dilsberg option we rearranged the groups so that each English group now
holds up to 35 persons. We reserved the free slots for the first ten persons on
the waiting list. If you added your name to the waiting list, please reconfirm
your attendance by removing the RESERVED label, or if you can't attend, remove
your name and put whoever is next on the waiting list.

For the Dilsberg option also the group numbers changed, so please
recheck your group number.

Schedule for mobile
===================

Daniel Maslowski has created a mobile-friendly version of the schedule at
http://188.166.12.207/debconf15/

Be aware that this view does not automatically update when the schedule changes.

Debmirror
=========

Up to now, we lied and cheated, and took the name of our debmirror in vain: we
rewrote your requests to common mirrors. Since yesterday's outage, that's not
possible anymore so please use
mirror.dc15.debconf.org

Talk slides
===========

Please add your slides to
http://annex.debconf.org/debconf-share/debconf15/slides/. Read
http://annex.debconf.org/debconf-share/README for instructions.  Or send them to
content@debconf.org so that the Content Team uploads them for you.

For easier handling please prefix your slides with the ID from summit as in
https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/meeting/<ID>

Certificates of Attendance
token of appreciation towards you, that you can collect at the Front Desk if you
haven't received it yet.

Soap
====
As a reminder, we bought some soap bars - if your room does not have any soap
yet, pick up a piece at the Front Desk.

--
Regards,
Marga