[Debconf-announce] DebConf14 - Call for talks, BoFs and events

The Debian project is excited to announce that we are now accepting
presentations, discussion sessions and tutorials for our DebConf14¹
conference which will take place in Portland State University, Oregon,
USA from 23 to 31 August.

¹ http://debconf14.debconf.org/

Submitting an event
-------------------
To submit an event, first register as an attendee² for DebConf14 in the
conference management system. If you have any doubts or have problems
with the registration process please check the Registration FAQ⁴.

After registering, go to the event submission page³, or click on the
«Create an event» option from the management system. Describe your
submission in the web form. The most common event types are "Lecture"
or "Open Discussion (BoF)".
Please include a short title (to make it easy to produce a compact
schedule) and an engaging description of the event.

² http://debconf14.debconf.org/registration.xhtml
³ https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/propose_meeting/https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14/RegistrationFAQ

Tracks
------
We will organize some talks into thematic tracks. If you have a
proposal for a DebConf track, such as "Debian ARM", "Debian
Infrastructure", or "Community Outreach" please contact
talks@debconf.org. If you would like to be a track coordinator,
please volunteer on the given mail address.

Format of the events
--------------------
A regular session will be 45  minutes long, including time for
questions. There will be a 15 minute breaks between events.

Submissions are not limited to traditional talks: you could propose a
performance, art installation, debate, or anything else. If  you have
any specific requirements for your event, please send an email to
talks@debconf.org with the details of your requirements and be sure to
mention your event title in the subject.

Deadline
--------
While we ask speakers to submit their events before the deadline
of 7 July 2014, 23:59:59 UTC, late submissions will continue to be
accepted for scheduling until the end of DebConf. All attendees will
have an opportunity to schedule ad-hoc events during DebConf itself
if we have space for them. Very promising late submissions may be
considered for inclusion in the main conference. Note that ad-hoc
events have a much lower chance of video archiving, and streaming,
so if you want these services it's better to get your
submissions in early.

DebConf official events will be broadcast live on the Internet when
possible, and videos of the talks will be published on the web along
with the presentation slides and papers.

For private communication regarding your talk, or for more general
ideas, or questions about the event and talks, please mail:
talks@debconf.org

We hope to you see you and share some good times with you this year in
Portland during DebConf14!

Cheers
--
René on Behalf of DebConf's Talks team