[Debconf-announce] Debian's 20th birthday party

Hi folks,

You may have heard that we have a very special birthday this week at
DebConf: the 20th birthday of the Debian Project!  Such a momentous occasion
should not be allowed to pass unnoticed, and we have an evening of
activities planned for this evening at LeCamp that all DebConf attendees are
invited to attend.

Starting at 19:30, we will be having a barbecue on the lawn.  There will be
seating available indoors in the upper dining room as for the other meals,
but the food will be served outside so you will need to come outside first
and then take your plates inside - or you're welcome to sit outside for
dinner, as many people have been doing already. :-)

During dinner time, there will also be three other activities going on in
parallel that you won't want to miss:

 - DebConf Poetry night: as listed on the schedule
   <http://penta.debconf.org/dc13_schedule/day_2013-08-16.en.html>, we will
   be having an evening of poetry and music during the BBQ.  Look for this
   in the bar starting at 8pm.

 - We will be having a raffle this evening.  Plat'Home, one of our DebConf
   sponsors, has generously donated a pair of their OpenBlocks embedded ARM
   systems to be raffled off this evening, with all proceeds from the raffle
   given to Debian.  You can read about the devices here:

     http://openblocks.plathome.com/products/ax3/

   Interested in a cool little piece of ARM hardware to hack on?  Have some
   leftover Swiss francs to get rid of before you leave the country?  Come
   to the bar to buy your raffle tickets for CHF 5 each after 6pm.  The
   hardware will be on display in the bar if you'd like to take a closer
   look before you drop your raffle tickets in the hat.

When you've had your fill of barbecue and the sun is going down, we'll move
down the hill around 8:30 for the raffle drawing, the lighting of the
bonfire, and of course, birthday cake.  Will we be singing Happy Birthday?
Or will we be singing Join Us Now and Share the Software?  Come to find out!

Finally, feel free to join us in the bar again in the evening after the
poetry slam with some of Debian's own DJs providing music.

Please join us for an evening of fun for the whole (Debian) family!

On behalf of the DebConf team,