Re: cdda2wav only finds errors

On Tue 20 Oct 2015 23:11:14 NZDT +1300, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> please do not use cdwrite@other.debian.org anymore, there is nobody really
> listening and the only traffic seems to be spam since Debian attacked cdrtools.
>
> Please rather use cdrtools-support@lists.sourceforge.net,

Thanks for letting me know. There appears to be no more traffic there
than here, but hey. When SF gets round to processing subscriptions.

> There was a problem with an uninitalized variable in libparanoia in case of
> disabled C2 Checks. The problem was fixed two weeks ago and published in a
> preliminary copy of the schily tools:
>
> 	http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/files/
>
> Since yesterday evening, the paraopts=proof macro again includes c2check and
> there is an automatic fallback to the "no c2" case when the drive does not
> support C2 Checks. Note that this was only tested with a single drive so far,
> so we need more tests here from people with different hardware.

I can do some testing on various drives, however please point to exact
software tar files to try, I don't have time to run around 5 different
websites, all with dead links (berlios etc), outdated stuff, and
ridiculous naming schemes of tar files, and I don't have time to sort
out all the schily-whatever.tar stuff, like cdrtools-3.01.tar.bz2 and
schily-2015-09-16.tar.bz2 seemingly containing the same, sorry. And I'm
not interested in politics.

My early tests show that cdda2wav 3.01 with libscg and libschily
3.01~a15 doesn't work any better, but cdda2wav 3.01a15 with those shows
at least plausible error rates.

My testing is spread over openSUSE Linux 12.3 and 13.2, with OBS
packages. I verified that the one patch applied by suse is not the
problem (you might want to check it out for other fixes though).

Thanks muchly,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann