Re: what difference xorriso is it going to make on the user interface?

Hi,

Joerg Schilling:
> Except for implementing support for DVD media, cdrecord did never really use
> any information that could not be retrieved from the specs.

For me it is the other way. DVD and BD are clearly explained in MMC-5,
whereas raw CD writing stays quite vague. It seems to put emphasis
on SAO, instead.

me:
> > xorriso does only sessions with a single data track.
> > cdrskin is able to record pure audio CDs, but not the CD-XA format
> > that is prescribed for CD which contain audio and data tracks.

> Then it is unable to support multi session - something that cdrecord does
> since 1996.

Do you read the demand to burn CD-XA from ECMA-168 ?
It does not override ECMA-119 (aka ISO 9660) but seems rather to
be a sibling of UDF. (A dead one.)

I do multi-session within the constraints of ECMA-119.
It works fine. Even Solaris has meanwhile learned to mount the last
session. (If it only would learn to allow the user to mount older
sessions.)

> > HFS is needed for production of bootable Debian images for PowerPC.
> If they use this, they are doing it wrong.

At least that is what i learned about the "powerpc" images.
The smallest one is ~ 50 MB:
  http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1a/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-6.0.1a-powerpc-businesscard.iso