what difference xorriso is it going to make on the user interface?

Hello.

Having heard a new release of xorriso I am thinking of moving my project (cdrbq.sf.net) to base on xorriso. If you imagine the difference between xorriso and older utilities, what do you think is the main difference that can be reflected on the user experience? That is, what difference does it make if a desktop DVD burning application make use of xorriso that it can offer a unique feature or competition advantage over others?

I can think of one answer, but there are probably much more. One answer would be xorriso offers much better control on multi-session manipulation. There may be use-cases where users want to have removable storage that stores like layers, that you can always recover an older version of something, or "portable version management and backup system in one". Can you think of a few example of such use cases? I can imagine one but there are probably much more. One might be the contracted photographer shoots a lot of photos and burn them on DVD, and do a second round of processing to delete unwanted ones before delivering to customer. Had the customer wanted a deleted photo because she changed her mind, with manual-instruction they can recover from previous sessions. Photographers don't keep the deleted photos, customer do, thus rule out copyright and privacy concern. Do this scenario happen in your country?

Best regards
Zhang Weiwu

--
CDRBQ - desktop application for optical disc
		authoring / recording / burning

Written in TCL/TK, usable for Windows, Linux and similar systems.

http://cdrbq.sourceforge.net/