problems with LG BH10LS30 BD-RE

Hello,

I have various problems with the LG BH10LS30 BD-RE drive under squeeze.
They start with kernel error messages during booting. With some more
kernel error messages, I can read DVD-RW. When I try to write DVD-RW
with wodim, writing is aborted with an error. Writing BD-RE with
growisofs fails with "SK=5h/MEDIUM NOT FORMATTED".

Before I dive into technical details: Is this drive supported by Linux
and the respective tools? Or can anyone recommend a BD-RE drive that is?

I would appreciate any feedback. Please cc to me, I'm not subscribed.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.