Re: First case, check if wodim reliably spoils the optical media

Hi,

> This time I try again with wodim and a blank DVD+R DL, but on a different
> DVD burner. This time do it on /dev/sr0 instead of /dev/sr1
> The disco burnt, after reloaded, mounts fine. This is success to me.

Quite a surprise.
It might be that one of the drives has a problem with the RESERVE TRACK
command in general.

> READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
>  Track State:           partial/complete
>  Track Start Address:   0*2KB
>  Free Blocks:           0*2KB
>  Track Size:            812352*2KB

The media is closed now. Obviously wodim ignored its option -multi.

What happens if you use cdrskin with option -dao and no option -multi
on the drive that failed with wodim ?
This should bring the same result on media as wodim achieved with
the friendly drive.

Use options -V -vvv so that i can diagnose an eventual failure.

I am still interested in seeing the -V output of a failed run.
So if cdrskin does not fail, run again wodim -V -vvv on the problem
drive.