Re: growisofs fail to burn second session: why and how to solve?

Hi,

> Now I just come back home from shopping, and found my wife used an upper
> half of the stack of used discos: she glue them altogether to make a
> pedestal with a central hole in it, and plugged a lamp into the hole,

LOL. That's one of the weirdest DVD accidents i have ever heard of.

I began to ponder how one could possibly influence track #2, which
i deem the main suspect for the suspected failure of CLOSE TRACK
SESSION in cdrskin.

MMC-5 says:
"6.3.3.1.3 Close Function 010b: Close Session/Finalize disc
If any reserved track in the last session is open, the Drive shall
terminate the command with CHECK CONDITION status and set SK/ASC/ASCQ
values to ILLEGAL REQUEST/EMPTY OR PARTIALLY WRITTEN RESERVED TRACK."

Track #2 is reported as "partial/complete" like # 1 and #3.
But it seems nevertheless worthwhile to send it a CLOSE TRACK
SESSION with close function 001b.

Regrettably there is no API function in libburn for doing that.
CLOSE TRACK SESSION 001b only happens at the end of a burn run and
only to the freshly burned track.
So i will eventually have to drill a hole through the software
architecture in order to trigger such an SCSI command.

> I check online shop and found 10-pack DVD+R DL (vendor: ANV) costs
> 13CNY! (= 2 USD)

That's suspiciously cheap.
Life would be boring without such adventures. :))

Well, i am curious whether wodim -multi reliably spoils DVD+R DL.
(If so: Is -multi the trigger ? Does it work without that option ?)