Re: Linux, ISOFS, multi-extent files: what's the status?

Hi,

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> There was another error having to do with reading data at the end of
> an image. Due to read ahead settings a read past end of data occurred
> and the (valid) partial data was not returned to the user program.
> Might that be what you are remembering?

Hardly. It is related to CD TAO recording,
Any ISO level 3 problems will be with DVD or
larger media.

I my case the problem appeared with an ISO
image in a disk file.

Giulio wrote:
> Then on 2009-09-27 this patch was applied

But i now read on the given URL:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:18:15 +0000 (09:18 -0700)

So that would match my problem (except no I/O
error), *and* Vreixo's success in summer 2008.

Nevertheless, Giulio's kernel should be
vulnerable in theory but is not in practice.