Re: NO SEEK COMPLETE: Input/output error when burning DVD+R DL

Mark Ryden <markryde@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Sorry for the misunderstanding ! wodim was simply installed on my system.
> I had downloaded from cdrecord ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/.
> Now, if I may ask, what is the sytax for burning a 6GB file named
> setup/myFile.iso?

cdrecord -v -sao filename.iso

> the output of
> ./cdrecord -atip (with the new downlaoded, **non**
> wodim cdrecord) is different, and it is here below:
>
> Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a71 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
> Copyright (C) 1995-2010 J???rg Schilling
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.34
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
> No target specified, trying to find one...
> Using dev=2,0,0.
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 5
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'Optiarc '
> Identifikation : 'DVD RW AD-7170A '
> Revision       : '1.02'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 DVD+R driver (mmc_dvdplusr).
> Driver flags   : NO-CD DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
> ./cdrecord: Warning: Cannot read drive buffer.
> ./cdrecord: Warning: The DMA speed test has been skipped.
> book type:       DVD-ROM, Version (0.1)
> disc size:       120mm (0)
> maximum rate:    Not specified (15)
> number of layers:2
> track path:      Opposite Track Path (1)
> layer type:      Rewritable Area (2)
> linear density:  0.293 ???m/bit (1)
> track density:   0.74 ???m/track (0)
> phys start:      196608 (0x30000)
> phys end:        16580607
> end layer 0:     2283519
> bca:             0
> phys size:...    16384000
> layer break at:  2086912
> Category/Version	E1
> Disk size		0F
> Disk structure		32
> Recoding density	10
> Manufacturer:		'CMC MAG'
> Media type:		'D03'
> Product revision	64
> ADIP numbytes		64
> Reference speed		37
> Max speed		37
> L0 init status:  1
> L0 data areacap: 1644752
> rzone size:         52
> rzone number:       1
> border number:      1
> ljrs:               0
> track mode:         7 copy: 0
> damage:             0
> reserved track:     0 blank: 1 incremental: 0 fp: 0
> data mode:          1
> lra valid:          0
> nwa valid:          1
> rzone start:        0
> next wr addr:       0
> free blocks:        3289504
> blocking factor:    16
> rzone size:         3289504
> last recorded addr: 0
> read compat lba:    0
> next layerjmp addr: 0
> last layerjmp addr: 0
>
>     Capacity  Blklen/Sparesz.  Format-type  Type
>      2295104             2048         0x00  No Media Present or Unknown Capacity

This looks a bit strange and it may be that growisofs did already
destroy the medium (*). Could you try a new mainden medium for this command?

*) If you check the cdrecord output, you see that somebody did set the
layer break already. Looking at the numbers lets me asume that growisofs
did set up an incorrect layer break value.

Another point is that the brand "CMC" is konwn for low quality media,
if it does not help to use cdrecord instead of growisofs,  I recommend
to try Verbatim media.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)