Re: NO SEEK COMPLETE: Input/output error when burning DVD+R DL

Mark Ryden <markryde@gmail.com> wrote:

> (The cdrecord I have is part of the wodim feodra 11 package, of wodim-1.1.9-6.)
>
> >What do you get from cdrecord -atip?
>
> here: (BTW:does the fact that it doesn't mention DL has a significance here ? )
>
> cdrecord -atip
>
> Device was not specified. Trying to find an appropriate drive...
> Detected CD-R drive: /dev/cdrw
> Using /dev/cdrom of unknown capabilities
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 5
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'Optiarc '
> Identification : 'DVD RW AD-7170A '
> Revision       : '1.02'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc DVD-R(W) driver (mmc_mdvd).
> Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: PACKET SAO

I asked you to use _cdrecord_ and not the defective and illegal fork "wodim".
Please use the original cdrecord as wodim does not support to write DVDs.

Cdrecord is here:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)