Re: how to rescue this backup data

Hi,

i was too negative towards the Linux kernel:

me:
> Anyway, if it works that way then you will
> see the files from the _first_ session only.

The kernel does find the most recent session on
DVD and mounts it by default.
So  -t iso9660  might well be the way to easily
mount the DVD+Rs in question.

What Linux cannot do easily on DVD is finding
sessions other than the first (by sbsector=0) and
the last one (by no option sbsector=).

More errata:

>   -o session=2
> but that does not work with CD.

Should have been "with DVD".

>   # xorriso -osirrox on \
>            -mount /dev/sr0 session 2 /mnt
> mount -t iso9660 -o nodev,noexec,nosuid,ro,sbsector=992400 '/dev/sr2'
> '/mnt'

Should have been "mount ... '/dev/sr0' ..."
(I tested the command with DVD-RW at sr2 and
 copied the outcome.)