Re: how to rescue this backup data

在 2010-01-03日的 15:19 +0100,Joerg Schilling写道:
> 1)
> wodim does not support to write DVDs (in special DVD+). This is bad in special
> as it claims that it includes DVD support.
>
> 2)
> If you have "wodim" on your system, there is a big chance that you used
> "genisoimage" (part of the fork) instead of the original software "mkisofs".
> Genisoimage is known to have many bugs that in special hit you in multi-session
> mode.

on a practical level, is there a suggestion what we could do /now/ to
recover the website? That would indeed be very helpful.

If you need the information whether or not we used mkisofs in order to
provide any suggestion on recovering data, the answer is very likely
"no" because all computers here run debian and the previous employees
working here (who does the backup), most of them just use whatever
debian offers as part of the default installation that contains gnome.