Re: Announcing xorriso-0.4.0

Risto Suominen <risto.suominen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had my first contact with xorriso. My aim was to restore hard links
> from ISOs. But no matter how hard I try, I cannot make it work.

I have no idea whether xorriso-0.4.0 supports hard links as it seems to be
nonportable and thus testing would be hard ;-)

mkisofs supports hard links correctly by default since August 2006 but the
problem is that the Linux kernel has no working hard link support for ISO-9660
or Rock Ridge.

I recommend you to use a recent mkisofs

	ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

as mkisofs grants you that the hard links you created on the media will work
on platforms that correctly support hard links (e.g. Solaris).

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)