Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

Fog_Watch <db5@exemail.com.au> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 2009 22:26:34 +1000
> Fog_Watch <db5@exemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> > cdrecord: No such device or address. Cannot send SCSI cmd via
> > ioctl. cdrecord: No such device or address. prevent/allow medium
> > removal: scsi sendcmd: fatal error CDB:  1E 00 00 00 00 00
> > cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s
> >
> > The same error is returned with the more recent 2.01.01_alpha57.
> >
> > # uname -r
> > 2.6.24-gentoo-r8
> >
> > Any clues as to the cause of the error.
> Remember this one?
>
> I used two solutions for this.  The first solution was to purchase an
> old SCSI writer:
> # cat /proc/scsi/scsi | grep Vendor
>   Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-R   PX-W1210S Rev: 1.06

I am not sure about the reason for your mail...

You are wuoting another mail in a way that makes it impossible to understand
your problem and your current mail does not contain any information that could
be related to your problem....

...well if you have really strange problems, it always makes sense to look at
hald (and kill it) as hald often interupts things on Linux.

If you really have a problem, please send enough information to allow to
understand your problem.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)