Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

On Wed, 27 May 2009 22:26:34 +1000
Fog_Watch <db5@exemail.com.au> wrote:

> <snip>
> cdrecord: No such device or address. Cannot send SCSI cmd via
> ioctl. cdrecord: No such device or address. prevent/allow medium
> removal: scsi sendcmd: fatal error CDB:  1E 00 00 00 00 00
> cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 200s
>
> The same error is returned with the more recent 2.01.01_alpha57.
>
> # uname -r
> 2.6.24-gentoo-r8
>
> Any clues as to the cause of the error.
Remember this one?

I used two solutions for this.  The first solution was to purchase an
old SCSI writer:
# cat /proc/scsi/scsi | grep Vendor
  Vendor: PLEXTOR  Model: CD-R   PX-W1210S Rev: 1.06

The second solution I used was to change the IDE driver on the burner
machines to libata:
# cat /proc/scsi/scsi | grep CD-RW
  Vendor: SONY     Model: CD-RW  CRX175E   Rev: 1.0j

There is a strange unexpected aspect to the second solution.  With:
cdrecord dev=REMOTE:rscsi@remote-host:0,1,0 -data dsl-4.4.10.iso
driveropts=burnfree
When:
# grep rscsi /etc/passwd
rscsi::1000:1000::/home/rscsi:/usr/sbin/rscsi
The disk burns fine and is then able to be mounted afterwards on
either SCSI or libata/ATAPI drives. When:
# grep rscsi /etc/passwd
rscsi::1000:1000::/home/rscsi:/bin/bash
The disk burns fine and is then only able to be mounted afterwards on
my SCSI drive.

Interesting?

Solved.

Regards