Re: cdrecord floating point exception

The only code that probably could be called free was growisofs, but growisofs at that time was not under GPL (altough the Author claimed so) because commercial publishing was not allowed. Growisofs is now free, but the change
to a real free license was made after the complete cdrecord source was published
under a free license.
dvd+rw-tools were available under same license, GPL, all along, and nothing has changed "after the complete cdrecord source was published under a free license." I suppose the above comment refers to http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/solaris.com.html. Quoting it:

"The agreement is not meant to encumber GPL-compliant usage of the sofware in question, for example no explicit permission/license is required, if the same party chooses to download and deploy it internally in their Solaris environment, e.g. for backup purposes, or even re-distribute it under GPL terms."

I can assure that this was the intention from the moment of agreement,

I believe you that you may have intended to have it be free.

The named limitation however caused e.g. Sun to make an agreement with you before Sun started to publish growisofs. So at least Sun also had the impression that the license situation was unclear. If there was an obvious and
definitive GPL on growisofs, Sun did just take it.

The situation in Germany is definitively that a Judge would take the named
limitytion as an expression of will from the author that is wheighted more heavy than the GPL. This is amongst others, because the GPL is a license written by other people.

I fail to understand point with these rants. Why do you undertake role of interpreter of an agreement that doesn't concern you? Have you experienced legal problems using dvd+rw-tools? Or do you perhaps represent [or represented at the time] Sun's interests? Have you been asked for an opinion? If yes, how come they asked you and not me? Are you "a Judge"? Do I need your approval? I bet not. So what is the drift here?

Anyway, the above quoted note openly admits that original note was poorly formulated and clarification was provided. I take blame for poor formulation, but [once again] assure that no changes in licensing terms took place at alleged time [or any other time]. Sun indeed contacted Inserve (not me!) and I've got a note about the fact and that Inserve proceeded as agreed. Sun did wonder if notice can be removed from my page, but I left the decision to Inserve. Apparently clarification sufficed. A.