Formatting DVD+RW stopped at 61.7%

Package: dvd+rw-tools
Version: 7.1-3
Severity: minor

Hi,

I know that growisofs does not need to format disk, but I've got a
cheap DVD-recorder that is not doing it job properly, so I have to
do the formatting myself.

However, I noticed that the formatting stopped at 61.7%, as shown
below. From it, you can see that I did tried several times. Moreover, the
last run was on another (brand-new) DVD+RW.  Disks from the same packages
had always been working fine before (without formatting). Is this normal?

Thanks

tong

  $ dvd+rw-format -force /dev/dvd
  * BD/DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1.
  * 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
  :-[ READ DISC INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/UNABLE TO RECOVER TABLE-OF-
CONTENTS]: Input/output error
  * formatting 61.7%

  $ time dvd+rw-format -force /dev/dvd
  * BD/DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1.
  * 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
  * formatting 61.5%

  real    1m54.373s

  $ time dvd+rw-format -force /dev/dvd
  * BD/DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1.
  * 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
  * formatting 61.7%

  real    1m54.342s

  $ time dvd+rw-format -force /dev/dvd
  * BD/DVD±RW/-RAM format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1.
  * 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
  * formatting 61.7%

  real    2m4.112s

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (300, 'testing'), (50, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-grml (SMP w/1 CPU core; PREEMPT)
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages dvd+rw-tools depends on:
ii  genisoimage                 9:1.1.8-1+b1 Creates ISO-9660 CD-ROM
filesystem
ii  libc6                       2.7-13       GNU C Library: Shared
libraries
ii  libgcc1                     1:4.3.2-1    GCC support library
ii  libstdc++6                  4.3.2-1      The GNU Standard C++ Library
v3

dvd+rw-tools recommends no packages.

Versions of packages dvd+rw-tools suggests:
pn  cdrskin                       <none>     (no description available)

-- no debconf information

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/