Is ulimit -l unlimited or limit memorylocked unlimited still needed?

Hi all,
   I went to the homepage of the dvd+rw-tools homepage.

http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/

It gave me the following warning

"IMPORTANT NOTE for 6.0 users! Newer Linux kernels have ridiculously
low default memorylocked resource limit, which prevents privileged
users from starting growisofs 6.0 with "unable to anonymously mmap
33554432: Resource temporarily unavailable" error message. Next
version will naturally have workaround coded in, but meanwhile you
have to issue following command at command prompt prior starting
growisofs:

    * if you run C-like shell, issue 'limit memorylocked unlimited';
    * if you run Bourne-like shell, issue 'ulimit -l unlimited';

IMPORTANT NOTE for 5.19 users! A bug was introduced in version 5.19,
which manifests itself by inability to finalize recording, it takes
forever to "flush cache." Apply hotfix or download patched tar-ball.
If you have suffered from this bug and have non-finalized DVD±R media,
you can use this snippet to "revive" it. DVD+RW media can be
"finalized" with dvd+rw-format -lead-out."

Now I'm running

$ growisofs --version
* growisofs by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 7.1,
  front-ending to genisoimage: genisoimage 1.1.8 (Linux)

So does this still to be patched or has the workaround been applied in
the newer version.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal