Re: cdrecord: compiling failure on RHEL3 due to MKLINKS

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 01:58:15PM +0100, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> ==== System data
> OS: Linux 2.4.33 (RHEL3)
> cdrecord:  2.01.01a55
>
> ==== Problem
> compiling with
> 	$ make
> fails due to, I think, the way/order in which make (3.79.1) processes
> missing files.

If you're using GNU make (which you appear to be, based on that version
string), here's the easiest way to do it:

$ sudo ln -s /usr/bin/make /usr/local/bin/gmake
$ gmake

Joerg also shipped a wrapper script called "Gmake" in the top level
directory of the cdrtools source tree, so I suppose you could try
running

$ ./Gmake

instead, but having the gmake symlink in /usr/local/bin will help you
in the long run with other programs that expect "gmake" to exist.