Re: cdrecord: failure in auto-formatting DVD+RW Verbatim media on USB-TSSTcorp

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:28:54 +0100, Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de
(Joerg Schilling) wrote:

>Giulio Orsero <giulioo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ==== System data
>> OS: Linux 2.4.33
>> cdrecord:  2.01.01a55
>> Burner
>> 	Vendor_info    : 'TSSTcorp'
>> 	Identifikation : 'CDDVDW SE-S224Q '
>> 	Revision       : 'TS01'
>> Media (marketing name "DVD+RW Verbatim 4x")
>> 	Manufacturer:    'MKM'
>> 	Media type:      'A02'
>>
>> ==== Problem
>> cdrecord won't automatically  format maiden medium, it seems it doesn't even
>> try (the messages are different, usually it says "..in real format mode..."
>> or similar).
>
>>From what your drive says: the medium is not maiden as it it not flagged
>unformatted.

But minfo says
    Capacity  Blklen/Sparesz.  Format-type  Type
     2295104             2048         0x00  Unformated or Blank Media
     2295104                0         0x26  Reserved (0)

However,  why then:
- cdrecord cannot write the DVD and says "cannot format medium" (see
burn.txt)
- cdrecord will write the DVD after I format it manually
?

cdrskin will format and write the medium automatically.

Thanks.
--
giulioo@pobox.com