Re: Is dvd-r not supported in cdrecord?

Joerg Schilling wrote:
chi kwan <zgguanz@hotmail.com> wrote:

I kill mime and gosh, it is burning at 8x as dummy! Thanks very much for the insight and sorry for not trying it early enough to avoid all the exchanges.
life is good again.

Thank you for proving my asumption ;-)

BTW: I made this proposal as I did already see exactly the same error message as a result from the actions of hald. In the other case, killing hald did fix the problem. I have no idea how hald causes this kind of errors.

My assumption, as I posted earlier, is that it is trying to mount media of any type it understands. To guess the media type the first sector is read. This requires a seek to sector zero and a read, leaving the burner at a location which has already been written.

Actually, I just had a thought on how to patch hal not to do this, I'll try it sometime this week as I get time.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 Unintended results are the well-earned reward for incompetence.