Re: Announcing cdrskin-0.7.2

| From: Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net>

| A new source module ecma130ab was committed
| to libburn SVN yesterday.

Sounds good.

| I would appreciate if you had a look at the
| explanations at lines 8 to 115 whether you find
| any mistakes or gaps.
|   http://libburnia-project.org/browser/libburn/trunk/libburn/ecma130ab.c

I'm not really qualified to do a good audit.  And I was too lazy to
chase down all references.  From what I could tell, it looked good.

I don't understand the multiplication by logarithms (again, I haven't
looked it up).  Why are the two logs added as integers (+) rather than
as polynumials (^)?  Why do you do % 255 rather than 256?  Note that
the gfpow table has 256 entries.  I do know that 0 has no log.

If you double the gfpow table's size you could elminate the % 255.  I
would guess that this would increase the speed.  I don't know if
multiplication takes a significant percentage of the time.

(I ran out of time after reading the first function!)

Does ECMA provide any "test vectors" for you to test your code with?
Unit tests might be very useful!