Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

>> Checked it this morning, seems to have finished,
>> and I have no idea how long it took.
>> builtin_dd: 7634768*2KB out @ average 0.2x4390KBps
>
> Not faster than 7634768*2/(0.3*4390) seconds.
> 3 hours 13 minutes at least. Probably rather
> 4 to 5 hours.
>
> Very slow. But at the end a bit too fast for
> USB 1. So that theory seems invalid, too.

USB1 full-speed is 12Mbps or 1.5MBps, right? 0.2x4390KBps is around half
the speed... Also keep in mind that if wire speed is not sufficient to
sustain media speed, unit will be forced to make idle revolutions and
performance can drop to *portion* of wire speed.

>> :-[ CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=5h/INVALID FIELD IN CDB]: I/O error
>
> Uh oh. It is still ill.

It's harmless bug. It was discussed earlier. A.