Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> >> on Fri, 9 Oct 2009 22:12:35 -0400:
> >> This time the same SCSI command worked.
> >> I also assume it worked in NeroLinux.
> >
> > This is not necessarily the same command......
> > Cdrecord is implemented in compliance to the SCSI standard.
> > Without knowing whether dvd+rw-mediainfo is implemented compliant to the
> > SCSI standard,
>
> It feels ridiculous that I have to say this, but what choice do I have
> facing FUD? I can assure general public that dvd+rw-media, as well as
> growisofs, is compliant with SCSI standard (modulo
> http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/hcn.html). A.

I am sorry to see that you obviously try to spread FUD.....

If this is rather caused by the fact that youn don't understand, please
stay quiet or ask!

Just to repease the important sentence:

	"This is not necessarily the same command......"

Cdrecord does implement things in a way that forgives problems in the drive and
that is as SCSI compliant as possible. If growisofs does some _heuristics_
instead of asking the drive the way the SCSI standard suggests, this may result in
different SCSI commands.

As I already mentioned: the SCSI error message above was caused by a defective
Solaris kernel module and is not a result from a problem in cdrecord.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)