Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Rob W on Mon, 5 Oct 2009 20:55:55 -0400:
> > cdrecord: I/O error. read disk info: scsi sendcmd: no error
> > CDB:  51 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
> > status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
> > resid: 4
>
> on Fri, 9 Oct 2009 22:12:35 -0400:
> > # dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0
> > READ DISC INFORMATION:
> > Disc status:           blank
> > Number of Sessions:    1
> > State of Last Session: empty
> > "Next" Track:          1
> > Number of Tracks:      1
>
> This time the same SCSI command worked.
> I also assume it worked in NeroLinux.

This is not necessarily the same command......
Cdrecord is implemented in compliance to the SCSI standard.
Without knowing whether dvd+rw-mediainfo is implemented compliant to the
SCSI standard, it may be that it just makes a guess on how much data is
available and for unknown reasons does not fail.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)