Re: solaris cdrecord BH08LS20 drive BD-R problems

Hi,

Rob W:
> > > cdrecord: I/O error. read disk info: scsi sendcmd: no error
> > > CDB:  51 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00
> > > # dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/rdsk/c3t0d0s0
> > > READ DISC INFORMATION:
me:
> > This time the same SCSI command worked.
Joerg Schilling:
> Without knowing whether dvd+rw-mediainfo is implemented compliant to the
> SCSI standard, it may be that it just makes a guess on how much data is
> available and for unknown reasons does not fail.

Excuse my surprise but which part of
"READ DISC INFORMATION" don't you find in
MMC-5 6.22 READ DISC INFORMATION Command ?
(That's the one with Operation Code 0x51 which
cdrecord reports in its "CDB" message.)

One does not even have to read the source
of dvd+rw-mediainfo to see that its output is
organized by SCSI commands and reports the
typical keywords from SCSI specs.
Nevertheless one can learn a lot from studying
the operations of dvd+rw-tools and looking
them up in the SCSI specs.