Re: growisofs burns dvd successfully, but

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 08:43:43AM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> resend as the mailing list did bork my reply to binary content

I just wondered if you send all your mails that way.

> Ingo Krabbe <ingo.krabbe@eoa.de> wrote:
>
> > but I can't mount it.  I can read the iso with dvdisaster for example and loop
> > mount the iso.
> >
> > The mediainfo tells me:
> >  Track State:           complete,damaged
> > when I try to mount the disc dmesg tells me:
> >
> >     attempt to access beyond end of device
>
> Then it did not write correctly.

Funny thing is, that the DVDs I wrote that way, definitely worked, as I test
most of my dvds after writing.  Also another dvd drive I tested now is able to
mount them.

> I recommend you to use cdrecord
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>
> instead. Note that you also have defective software installed an you
> don't use mkisofs but a defective fork called genisoimage.

I see.  I updated to cdrecord and that seems to work now.

bye ingo