Re: ide-scsi -> write_g1: scsi sendcmd: fatal error

Hi,

> > /sys/bus/scsi/devices/1:0:0:0/scsi_generic:sg0
> Why do you check this? It is completely unimportant for the
> functionality of cdrtools.

Once it worked, now it does not work.
Questions: what changed, what is unusual now ?

> > > You could try cdrskin instead of cdrecord.
> > > Same arguments as with cdrecord (but no rscsi).
> cdrskin does not implement rscsi.....

With its ability to write to any open file
descriptor (dev=stdio:/dev/fd/<number>) it
should be a matter of few hours to set up
a cdrskin based client-server environment.

But that's not the topic of this thread.

Fog_Watch originally wrote:
> ... > The burner can be used with dev=ATA:0,1,0
> ... > I am using ide-scsi for rscsi
> ... > compatibility and remote burning

Since we probably have to put ide-scsi to its
final rest, there remains the question:
Can rscsi be used on a P-ATA drive which
is not under ide-scsi ?
If yes: how ?