Re: syntax and logic for writing .iso using cdrecord?

shirish <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Using dev=/dev/cdrom is dprecated and unsupported. It may work in some
> > conditions but there is no guarantee.
> >
> > The dev=/dev/cdrom will not work at all on many operating systems and even
> > on UNIX-like systems, there are devices without a dedicated device driver
> > that for this reason don't have any /dev/* entry.
>

> Hi Joerg,
>  If dev=/dev/cdrom is deprecated then what syntax is used nowadays?

dev=/dev/cdrom was _never_ correct. The correct syntax for libscg did never
change during the past 22 years. The correct syntax is the syntax mentioned in
the man page dev=b,t,l

> >> I have a Liteon DVD writer+ CD-Writer.
> >>
> >> This is the output when I use scanbus
> >>
> >> $ cdrecord --scanbus
> >> scsibus1:
> >>       1,0,0   100) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1633S' 'BS0S' Removable CD-ROM
> >>       1,1,0   101) *
> >>       1,2,0   102) *
> >>       1,3,0   103) *
> >>       1,4,0   104) *
> >>       1,5,0   105) *
> >>       1,6,0   106) *
> >>       1,7,0   107) *

> > It is correct, but in case you only have one drive in your system,
> > there is no need to specify dev= at all.
>

> Then, in my case how should I have given it?
> like this ?
>
> cdrecord driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>
> Also is there a syntax or notation of speed which can be
> put up somewhere?

cdrecord by default uses the max possible speed. See the man page for more
information.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)