Re: syntax and logic for writing .iso using cdrecord?

shirish <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  I have couple of queries.
>
> This is the normal/usual syntax told about using cdrecord when writing
> an .iso image file.
>
> cdrecord dev=/dev/cdrom driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>
> I am interested in this particular path of the syntax
>
> dev=/dev/cdrom

Using dev=/dev/cdrom is dprecated and unsupported. It may work in some
conditions but there is no guarantee.

The dev=/dev/cdrom will not work at all on many operating systems and even
on UNIX-like systems, there are dvices without a dedicated device driver
that for this reason don't have any /dev/* entry.

> I have a Liteon DVD writer+ CD-Writer.
>
> This is the output when I use scanbus
>
> $ cdrecord --scanbus
> scsibus1:
> 	1,0,0	100) 'LITE-ON ' 'DVDRW SOHW-1633S' 'BS0S' Removable CD-ROM
> 	1,1,0	101) *
> 	1,2,0	102) *
> 	1,3,0	103) *
> 	1,4,0	104) *
> 	1,5,0	105) *
> 	1,6,0	106) *
> 	1,7,0	107) *
>
> Now please lemme know if this logic is correct or not?
>
> cdrecord dev=1,0,0 driveropts=burnfree -v -data cd_image.iso
>
> Is the above correct or should it have any errors?

It is correct, but in case you only have one drive in your system,
there is no need to spesify dev= at all.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)