Re: Weird problem with RHEL5 isofs driver when using mkisofs -x --exclude options

Giulio Orsero <giulioo@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is very likely a CENTOS5 (RHEL5) isofs driver issue, but since it's
> very weird I thought to ask here whether someone can reproduce it just to be
> sure this is not a misconfiguration/error on my part.
>
> Problem: dirs on which an mkisofs exclusion is made show with wrong
> permissions/timestamp when isofs driver load the iso image.
>
> Steps to reproduce (I did this as root just to be sure):
>
> # uname -r
> 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5
> # mkisofs -version
> mkisofs 2.01 (cpu-pc-linux-gnu)
> (I tried stock 2.01.01a42 with no change)
>
> ===== script =====
> #!/bin/sh
> umask 022
> rm -rf ./isotest
> mkdir -p ./isotest/dir1 ./isotest/dir2 ./loop_mount
> touch -t 200801010000 ./isotest/dir1 ./isotest/dir2
> mkisofs -R -o test.iso -x 'isotest/dir1/*' isotest
> isoinfo -lR -i test.iso
> sudo mount -o loop test.iso ./loop_mount
> ls -l loop_mount
> sudo umount ./loop_mount
> ==========
>
> What I get:
> INFO:   UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
>         Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
>         use -input-charset to override.
> Unknown file type (unallocated) isotest/.. - ignoring and continuing.
> Total translation table size: 0
> Total rockridge attributes bytes: 589
> Total directory bytes: 4562
> Path table size(bytes): 34
> Max brk space used 0
> 177 extents written (0 MB)

You are NOT using mkisofs and this is the reason for your problems.

Your problem is unknown with the original software.

When you like to do tests with the original software, I recommend you to first
remove the defective clone from RedHat to make sure that yoo do not use the
wrong binary.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)