Re: Burning a Windows / DVD player compatible DVD

Bob <cdwrite@gnomes.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm really struggling with this whole compatible DVD thing.
>
> For my amateur dramatics group, I have produced a DVD of our show,
> including menus and all sorts of fun like that.  The DVD plays
> perfectly with "xine dvd://video/dvd".
>
> I have burned the DVD in many different ways, such as "growisofs
> -dvd-compat -dvd-video -Z /dev/scd1 ." and most of the ways I burn it
> will work perfectly on my panasonic DVD player.

If you are on a recent Linux distro, you may first like to replace the broken
mkisofs fork with the real software....

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

Release 2.01.01a40 is the latest

1)	Create a _correct_ DVD video tree using video preparer software
	Make sure VIDEO_TS in all upper case....

2)	Call mkisofs -o xxx.iso -dvd-video some_dir
	some_dir needs to include VDEO_TS

3)	write the image using cdrecord -v xxx.iso

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)