Burning a Windows / DVD player compatible DVD

Hi,

I'm really struggling with this whole compatible DVD thing.

For my amateur dramatics group, I have produced a DVD of our show,
including menus and all sorts of fun like that.  The DVD plays
perfectly with "xine dvd://video/dvd".

I have burned the DVD in many different ways, such as "growisofs
-dvd-compat -dvd-video -Z /dev/scd1 ." and most of the ways I burn it
will work perfectly on my panasonic DVD player.

However, when I distributed these DVD's to other people, I have
received reports that they don't work on Windows machines (they
apparently show up as a blank DVD), Mac's (similar I guess - but no
detail on that) or some DVD drives (which just refuse to read them).

I believe the DVD that was written that works on Linux and my DVD
player is using the UDF file system, but several real DVD's I have use
iso9660.  I tried burning it with iso9660 (actually using gnomebaker)
and that fails to play on my DVD player, but it is recognised and can
be played by a windows computer.

I'm currently using DVD-R disks, which I understood to be more likely
compatible with DVD players (although I may have that wrong because
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ suggests that DVD+R disks
are more compatible).

In case it is useful, I have pasted the output of dvd+rw-mediainfo for
one of the burned DVD's at http://pastebin.com/m7479a9c

Could anyone suggest how I should be burning these DVD's to ensure
they are compatible with both windows and more DVD players?

Thanks a lot,

Bob