Re: mkisofs -M makes no attempt to reconstruct multi-extent files

Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> > You used mkisofs incorrectly
>
> Command line sequence was *tailored* to allow to produce usable input
> for *hex editor* in less than minute.

Why did you use -C16,xxx?

This is definitely wrong.

BTW: isoinfo gives you all information you need in order to debug the problem.
I prefer to use official tools for debugging.

> > and you seem to missinterpret the results
> > from the tool you used to list ISO-9660 directories.
>
> What is it you doubt? a) My lay-out of directory records? b)
> Interpretation of what they represent? c) "Would be correct" lay-out?
>
> If a), then you either didn't bother to examine them close enough or
> misinterpreted them.
>
> If b), then consider following output from Windows XP dir command for
> actual two-session recording:

I am sure that you did not missinterpret the results in case you used isoinfo.

I explained you that the problem is the incorrect allocation os _new_ space for
the old file.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)