Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Hi,

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> They will stop doing this stupid move after they realized that
> this move did create them dozens of unfixed bugs and that there is no
> maintanance for "wodim".

What maintenance would it need for its
core purpose to write CDs ?
If ever then i expect that i needs to be
adapted to some future new kernel interface.

For DVD it is usual to employ growisofs.
My own backup tool still prefers it over
any other burn program for DVD when it comes
to automatic choice. (But it has to operate
it correctly. Pffft.)

> > What precaution in cdrecord might avoid or
> > compensate a 3 0C 00 WRITE ERROR ?
> Now that we know a primary problem, let us asume that the drive reports
> incorrect error messages and try again ;-)

Problem number 2 can occur only if the burn
program does not align its writes to 16
block boundaries.
Both, growisofs and cdrskin do align to 16.
Both did not show the error at the end of L0
but substantially within L1.

Problem 2 and 3 are clearly distinct.
I expect cdrecord to run into 3 after 2 is
solved.
If 3 does not happen, then i want to know why.

But "happen" and "not happen" is a matter
of measurement and statistics. We still have
a probability of about 4% that all observations
around problem 3 are just statistical noise.