Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 04:27:25PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

Hello :-)

> If you do extensive experiments and comparisons then
> i would like to submit to the competition my own program
> cdrskin in version 0.4.4 or later. (Earlier won't do DL)
>
> I don't think that it (or Nero) is better prepared
> against write errors. But nevertheless it handles
> DVD+R DL a bit different than growisofs.

Oh, I always thought cdrskin was to burn pictures (or lighscribe) ontop
of CD/DVD... nice to learn I was wrong ;-)

Before I make a make install in it source dir (I alreay compiled
cdrskin-0.4.6.pl00.tar.gz) and possibly mess my gentoo install, is there
a way to simply start it from it source directory ?

I would like to just try to burn one big file into a DVD+R DL (about
8Gb), what command using cdrskin would you recommend ?

Thank you very much,
--
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org
               http://picasaweb.google.com/Gregoire.Favre