Re: WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error (DL)

Hi,

>  97.89% done, estimate finish Thu May 15 10:21:30 2008
> :-[ WRITE@LBA=3e0c30h failed with SK=3h/WRITE ERROR]: Input/output error
> What does that mean ?

The drive responded to the computer and told it
that writing to the given sector failed.
This would normally be a case of poor drive-media
compatibility.

The failing sector is at byte 4066352 * 2048 =
8,327,888,896 i.e. 200 MB below the promised capacity
of 4167520 sectors.

> I tried nero linux : http://nerolinux.nero.com and I have to admit it
> works perfectly !!!

The (possibly expensive) question with this
observation is whether it stands a larger
number of tries with Nero and counter tries with
growisofs.

If you do extensive experiments and comparisons then
i would like to submit to the competition my own program
cdrskin in version 0.4.4 or later. (Earlier won't do DL)

I don't think that it (or Nero) is better prepared
against write errors. But nevertheless it handles
DVD+R DL a bit different than growisofs.