Re: More Dual-Layer burning oddities

Hi,

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> If the software from Thomas works for youi

Probably CJ Kucera did not test cdrskin or xorriso yet.
I assume he is happy with his cdrecord workaround.

(Has it been verified that it is not just a
deceiving coincidence of capricious
drive+media compatibility effects ?)

>  although it does not
> set the layer break, it will need to fill up the _entire_ disk (both
> layers) completely.

I got other reports from the users who tested
DVD+R DL with cdrskin.
It is possible to leave out the layer break
definition, you can leave outcommand
53h RESERVE TRACK, and then the media can be
used with unpredicted image length (i.e. by the
pseudo-tao usage model of libburn).

There are no reports of lengthy afterwork.
(I expect that most of the media were used
quite up to their maximum capcity.)

Multi-session capabilities of DVD+R DL have not
been tested yet. But all other results so far
indicate that DVD+R DL and DVD+R behave very
similar.