Re: Mkisofs - seek error on old image

Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Your Linux must be more ill than mine.
Mine is neatly and reproducibly ill.
LOL
What is not ill on my system is xorriso.
Did you try it meanwhile ?
No I didn't as of then. My bad. I just wanted to try a couple more things in cdrskin first, amonst the "other" IT work I'm doing :P

So, I diffidently need to try it before I responed back. WOW. Looking at your man page, this is come impressive stuff! (After my experience with all the other stuff) I have to say, I tried breaking it and for the most part...getting the data saved, that worked!
Both problem reports seem to be related with
block device buffered i/o after expanding the
content of the media.
xorriso does not do such i/o.
Yeap, it still doesn't quite work there. I would mount the drive, even after using a -commit switch and it still wouldn't work until I did an eject-reinject. But I did do a continous three session burn without ejecting, and it still retained all the previous files :)
A test run for only checking readability of
the directory tree would be:

 $ xorriso -indev /dev/sr0 -dus '/*'
 xorriso 0.1.0 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.
 xorriso : UPDATE : 41941 nodes read in 13 seconds
 Drive current: -indev '/dev/sr0'
 Media current: DVD+RW
 Media status : is written , is appendable
 Media summary: 1 session, 720130 data blocks, 1407m
 Volume id    : 'ISOIMAGE'
   41301 '/3DDAT'
  483040 '/thomas'
 $
Here's my newly, modified script:
------------------------------

#!/bin/bash -x

echo "Initializing Burn.Zimbra"
discDrive=/dev/scd0
backupLoc=/media/sdc1/raws/backups/zimbra
isoLoc=/zimbra
volID='Zimbra_Backup'

echo "Burning Disc"
xorriso -volid $volID -dev $discDrive -pathspecs on -overwrite off -joliet on -add $isoLoc=$backupLoc -commit

echo "Backup Complete"

I'm not sure if I really need the -commit since I'm only using one drive. I'm assuming an -eject would fix my "readablity" problem, but I haven't tried it yet. But I did as before, put the new file in directory, move the old file out of directory, burn. Repeat. This works. Tomarrow, I try doing a lot with and without ejecting the disc to test.