Re: Doesn't wodim close disk ?

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 03:56:17PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > I said to you that cdrecord didn't change anything because
> > dvd+rw-mediainfo still showed the same info :
>
> I don't care about the putput from dvd+rw-mediainfo

Well, it's a really good tool.

> > And after the try of cdrecord -fix I did a full md5sum of all
> > files and compared to the local files on my HD : the same, I
> > can mount and read the file without any problem (well only under
> > linux...).
>
> Pleae do not continue to repeat that this is a linux vs. no-linus problem

What is your problem ???
I can fully read the DVD on my linux box as already explained lots of
time, I really don't like to be nomed a liar.
And yes, due to you I have tried the DVD in OSX and no, it can't be read
there, it still be shown as empty...

> > Maybe the cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0 -minfo would give you reason in a
> > way ?
>
> Are you unwilling to read the documentation?
>
> Why do you use an unsupported dev= parameter?

I get exact same output with 2,0,0 anyway...

> wunderful!
>
> The disk is OK now and should be readable on every non-defective
> drive that supports to read DVD+R media.

No it isn't...

> > Thank for taking time to see the problem, but for the record
> > it should be mentioned that I never got any error with wodim
> > and all files seem good under linux.
>
> A buggy program like wodim that does not print error messages
> when it creates defective media is a real problem. Why didn't you listen
> to the warnings I publish since more than a year? Wodim is software published
> by people that don't care about their users. The only intention these people
> had was to harm the free software project cdrtools.
>
> Now your problem that was caused by defective "DVD support" in wodim
> has been fixed by cdrecord!

Nothing has been fixed, the disk is in the exact same situtation...

> The previously unreadable track #1 is now correctly closed.

I can't comment anymore with you...

> What is your problem?

I guess we are incompatible talker, so it will be better to stop here, I
really thank you for all you done.

> Note that you did not yet report any real problem. My answers are all
> bases on the known bugs in wodim and on your claim that the medium
> is not readable.

Your claim here is wrong, I could always read it under my linux box, as
I did a md5sum of my burn after each burn, and wodim was always perfect,
it's only problem for me whas that they couldn't be read (there seems
empty) on OSX. That could be a bug in genisoimage or whatever, now I use
your mkisofs, which should prevent problem and also using growisofs
which I use on the other computer for long times (I choose it at time I
couldn't compil myself cdrecord for DVD).

--
Grégoire FAVRE  http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com  http://www.gnupg.org
               http://picasaweb.google.com/Gregoire.Favre