Re: BD-R formatting help

Hi,

Matt Schulte wrote:
> I don't mean to say that it located the
> bad spot before hand.

I understood your report of yesterday that there
is a visible difference on the surface of the
recorded media caused by the scratch.
(Like a ring of different reflectivity or so.)

This would have indicated that not the same
kind of writing happened to the affected area.
And that would have implied foresight.

It is not impossible that the media knows
about the scratch if it was encountered already
during formatting.

> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:43:30 -0600
> When it is finished you can definitely tell where the burn approached the
> scratch and kind of skipped over it and moved to the next viable area.  It
> is really a nice visual.  Problem is 1mm is kind of hard to image and I was
> looking to make a bigger scratch.

So how did you learn about the triggering
of the defect handler ?
Except by this from your dvd+rw-mediainfo run:

> BD SPARE AREA INFORMATION:
>  Spare Area:            60736/131072=46.3% free

I assume it was 50 % before. About 9 to 10 MB
would be consumed then.