Re: Problems mounting DVD-RWs written with growisofs

>> Record in DAO mode? Yes. But you have to pass
>> explicit -use-the-force-luke=dao. Try that.
>
> One detail question arises to me:
>
> I remember that -dvd-compat on blank DVD-RW caused DAO
> from a bug report about scdbackup which tried to pipe
> with -dvd-compat.

I have the feeling that we've discussed this, but anyway. If firmware is
in shape, then DAO is engaged automatically. DAO requires prior
knowledge of recording size. Pipe does not give you this knowledge. This
must be conditions where scdbackup suffered the error...

> But now that i look into the code of growisofs-7.1
> growisofs.c:
> int    dvd_compat=0, ...
>             else if (!strcmp(opt,"-dvd-compat"))
>             {   if (poor_man<0) poor_man = 1;
>                 dvd_compat++;
> growisofs_mmc.cpp
>             {   if (dvd_compat >= (profile==0x14?2:256))
>                 {   is_dao = 1,
> it seems that DAO is not engaged by a single -dvd-compat

Correct.

> but would need two of those options.

It was some intermediate suggestion and is kept for backward
compatibility reasons, so please don't get fixated on this. A.